Dcc951 recording problem: creating tracks nrs automatically

De compact cassette was een schitterende uitvinding van Philips en werd een wereldwijd succes. Ook bandrecorders blijken een tijdloos populair medium.Kun jij ook geen genoeg krijgen van die sfeervol draaiende spoelen? Deel hier je magnetische passie!

Moderator: Moderators

Plaats reactie
lbfcarreira

01 aug 2019, 10:22

Hi, I'm new to DCC, and I own a Dcc 951 and a Dcc900. I have come across some issues recording new cassettes from computer sources.

I have connected the Pc to Dcc951 through an optical cable, selected the optical input. Yes, I can get a signal on Dcc and record what I'm listening to.

The Problem: It is about creating tracks nrs automatically. In Dcc AUTO EDIT is ON.

Using WMPlayer while recording DCC was not creating new tracks automatically. I also try with Winanp with a 'pause between songs' plugin, with 3's pause between songs and still without success creating new tracks nrs automatically. Recording is continuous.

I also tested with the dcc 900 and the same thing happens.

Can anyone help me solve this newbie problem. Thank you
Lino
pvdm
Contacteer:

06 aug 2019, 18:59

According to the manual it should work.
But I recall that I had problems as well, it creates just track 1.
I'm not sure if the optical cable S/PDIF standard supports track numbers/markers in the datastream.
For that reason I purchased an 900 series CD player and connected it through the ESI bus, in that way tracks ARE automatically created. So I use that now.
Philip - ♫♫ Adventures of a vintage audio geek ♫♫
lbfcarreira

07 aug 2019, 13:26

I've manage to find out that this It's not possible.
The computer is not able to provide the StartIDs.
Plaats reactie